Automate pickup and delivery scheduling for shipments inbound between vendors and shippers, or outbound between the shipper and the shippers’ customers.
The advanced scheduling feature set supports improved on-time reporting, superior communication between transportation stakeholders, and tighter controls over accessorial spend in such areas as detention fees and stop charges.
- Real-time carrier notification of available loading bays, hours of operation, and loading times for each bay.
- Carriers select from a list of available appointment times displayed onscreen.
- Fixed appointment times for each carrier at a given facility can be set up when the carrier is added to the system.
- Appointment times can be supplied on the order. Pickup and/or Delivery Appointments can be set in your order management system and transmitted to UltraShipTMS along with the other order information via EDI, prior to offering a load to a carrier.
- Appointments can be scheduled off-line and carriers can be required to log their appointment times in the system.
- Vendors may access scheduling interfaces via the UltraShipTMS Vendor Portal to determine scheduling availability. They may also reserve bay time from among the available open slots.
- The system produces system-generated messages to be issued to DC management whenever a bay is scheduled or released. DC management may also view the entire schedule for global view of daily DC throughput.
- Dock users may also be afforded access to reserve bays as may be needed for maintenance, storage or any other reason.